Quoting HvN <huubvanniek...@gmail.com>:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 18:59:14 +0200, Otto Moerbeek wrote:

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 04:44:36PM +0000, HvN wrote:

Hi,

Today I installed v.5.1 and all went nicely. I put my nfs server in
fstab,
modified hosts and added a mountpoint in /mnt. All worked. Then I
rebooted and the boot halts with:

fsck: exec /usr/sbin/fsck_nfs for Kaapstad:/admin: No such file or
directory

THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEM HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY:
nfs: Kaapstad:/admin (/mnt/Kaapstadadmin)
Unknown error: help!
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

How can I solve this? Thank you..

Go to single user mode, show the exact fstab line. Likely it does not
end with 0 0.

        -Otto

I booted into single user mode, mounted / and /usr according to FAQ 8.
However, when I try to use vi to change fstab, it says "unknown terminal
type". Any suggestions ?

You have to type in

export TERM=vt220

or something like that

Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.
ForeTell Technologies Limited
vsan...@foretell.ca

This message was sent using ForeTell-POST 4.9