On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Paulm <pa...@tetrardus.net> wrote:
>> Dynamic content & proper search would also put an end to "just wade through
marc.info" fuck-offs and self-righteous RTFD when one has to "egrep -Rli
serial /usr/share/man", say. Man/info pages are the ultimate /reference/,
they're not meant to solve high-level problems. The FAQs are really are no
FAQs at all but a gigantic snowball with floppy install instructions crucially
leaving out 5 1/4" and 8" media.

> I don't understand why the floppy install option gets you so riled up.
> I happen to have a couple of IBM Thinkpads from the early 2000's,
> which still work quite well with the exception of unreliable cdrom
> drives.  So I like knowing the floppy option is there.

because ftp(1) source reads like porky pig trying to tell you about a
handy tcp stream transfer protocol, only that his characteristic
stutter is replaced with "#ifndef SMALL"