Alexandre Ratchov wrote:

If you know of a small, cheap, fanless, x86-compatible board available in
Canada *that runs OpenBSD reasonably well*, please let me know.  Otherwise
I'll probably have to give the Wandboard a shot despite the
slightly-too-high price.

I failed to find this kind of box (tryed to build my synth as
well). Most platforms I've found seem to be designed either for
networking or to serve as TVs (i.e. inexistent or poor quality
analog input/outputs).

For now my best option is to get and old PC from the bin and to add
a good pci sound card. Unfortunately this doesn't qualify as small.

If small rather than very small will work, a thin client with a PCI slot would work. They usually have 800MHz+ CPUs, DIMM sockets for memory and they are cheap on eBay.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen