:
> Probing pci nic...
> [dp83815]
> natsemi_probe: MAC addr 00:0D:B9:01:A0:A4 at ioaddr 0X1000
> natsemi_probe: Vendor:0X100B Device:0X0020
> dp83815: Transceiver default autoneg. enabled, advertise 100 full duplex.
> dp83815: Transceiver status 7869 advertising 05E1
> dp83815: Setting half-duplex based on negotiated link capability.
> Searching for server (DHCP)...
> Me: 10.0.0.20, Server: 10.0.0.3, Gateway 10.0.0.1
> probing: pc0 com0 pci pxe![2.1]  <--- the cursor stays here
:
> Searching the Web also for Soekris (which is similar to WRAP) hints
> that the "A20 gate hack" may be the culprit for this halt.

This is very unlikely to have anything to do with it, as I used the
Soekris while implementing pxeboot on OpenBSD (based on the NetBSD code).

> Still, the boot process halts in the 'probing' line, right after 'pxe![2.1]'

The most likely reason is that pxeboot's calls into the PXE stack on
the WRAP are failing (to return).

> Do you have any suggestion how I could debug or prevent this freeze,
> for example by using debug compile flags in the Makefile, etc.?

Get me a WRAP board, babysit the kids for a few evenings, and wait
patiently :)

If you want to look at it yourself, make sure you understand i386
assembler, the PXE specification, and protected-to-real-and-back mode
switching.

You could find out if pxe_call works at all on the WRAP in its current
implementation by putting a printf() after it, and seeing if there'
any output.  Look in pxe.c:pxe_init().

Tom