Hello,

> You should consider getting more public IP addresses as you need three
> public addresses on each external connection, ideally.

I can't.  But I can put the two external interfaces on the
same physical lan and add ip alias addresses. I can also
plug other interfaces on the "external" lans since I have 5
physical interfaces on each box.

> >   +----+  +--------+
> >   | c1 |__|Internet|
> >   +----+  +--------+
> >            |      |
> +------------------------------+
> | carp if                      |
> +------------------------------+
> >            |      |
> >       +-----+    +-----+
> >       | ob1 |    | ob2 |
> >       +-----+    +-----+
>            |          |
> +------------------------------+
> | carp if                      |
> +------------------------------+
> >          |__________|
> >             +-------+
> >             | smtp1 |
> >             +-------+

> You could look at the pf I posted a couple of days ago, there is one
> slight problem with it and sending existing states, but everything else
> appears ok.

I thank you very much for the link.

The problem now is that ob1 and ob2 have two different
internet access:

- ob1 runs pppoe and gets its internet address via a tun0
interface on a physical sis0 interface.

- ob2 is behind an adsl box doing the internet access and
has an intRAnet address (on sis0), but everything arriving
on the real public address is forwarded to ob2 so we can
consider its intranet address 192.168.3.1 is equivalent to
the internet address.

So now the question is how can I tell ob2 and ob1 to have a
working carp address on the ob1 tun0 ? May be I can't.

Thanks in advance.

--
Au revoir,                                02 99 64 31 77
                                          06 20 79 76 06