On 18/01/17 12:36, George wrote:
> Its the stable version that im trying to install. I installed the
> release version but i wanted to update to stable mostly for the security
> patches.
> I dont want to use snapshot since its the current version.
>
> How do you follow the stable version?
> make update works for individual packages but since i installed openbsd
> 6.0 a couple of months after the official release alot of packages need
> update.
> I thought dpb was the way to go.
>
> thank you.

Following -current with snapshots is often suggested by the devs (it's quite
stable).

For -stable you can install the errata for base following
https://www.openbsd.org/errata60.html

https://www.openbsd.org/stable.html
if you want to build but I don't think it's necessary.

I'm not sure about the update procedure for packages in stable.
I only use snapshots and update with
pkg_add -u

For stable you probably have to recompile them yourself from ports, since I see
in mirror servers that they are not updated.