On 12/29/05, Michael Erdely <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 12/29/05, Juan J. Martmnez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've done a little script to get the index.txt from the ftp (or do a ls
> > *.tgz) and the search with regex in package names.
>
> I've written something very similar (also a shell script) with a few
> differences.  It respects SUDO= in /etc/mk.conf.  It supports http://,
> scp:// and local file systems in PKG_PATH.

I've extended my pkg_find script a bit:
 - added a small man page
 - added "-i" or "-n" switches to determine whether to install or just
display matching packages
 - added "-p" or "-q" switches to prompt or not before installing when
only one match
 - added "-u" to force updating the local package list
 - more error checking
 - made it a package itself (port =
http://erdelynet.com/downloads/pkg_info-1.7-port38.tgz)

-ME