Maybe this is not exactly the solution you're looking for, but have you
considered using a 4G gateway? In the past I've had great success with
Sierra Wireles AirLink family. It's pretty easy to send SMS commands
through IP with them, so a local Ethernet connection to the gateway should
do the trick. Neat devices!

Regards,