On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 11:57:35AM +1100, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 10:43:03AM -0800, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> > I have been looking at the new Lenovo ThinkPad A275 which is much like
> > the X260/X270 but with AMD Pro A10 or A12 chip and graphics. I am
> > interested in looking at something other than Intel for the first time
> > in more than a decade. I am interested in radeondrm(4) support for any
> > of the options available which are the AMD Pro A10-8730B, AMD Pro
> > A10-9700B, or AMD Pro A12-9800B. I am personally most interested in
> > ordering the AMD Pro A12-9800B. Any possilibity that radeondrm(4) might
> > work for these chips in some fashion?
>
> CARRIZO parts like that would require a new amdgpu drm driver.

Understood. I will not get an A275 then. As far as radeondrm(4) support
goes, is my understanding from previous discussions correct that Radeon
HD 7750 or 7870 cards have kernel support but would have to be used
through the modesetting(4) driver in Xorg? I am still looking at those
cards for 4k monitor support for multiple monitors on a system that does
not have integrated graphics (Xeon E5 for example). In particular the
four mDP or six mDP cards are interesting to me. Thanks again.

Bryan