On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 07:24:09 +0000
slackwaree <slackwa...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> You don't want wine anyway. That is the shining example of badly written
> software which sucked 15 years ago the same way it does today. They tried to
> make it better with cedega, crossover office and what not and failed
> miserably. All you could get out of it is to run basic apps like notepad or
> calc even those with tons of bugs like borders, frames missing, broken fonts,
> crashes etc. They claimed it can run game X,Y,Z but who cares about it when
> Windows can run all games perfectly. This is ain't the 90's man everyone can
> afford to have 2-3 or more PCs at home and with all these virtualization
> supports like vmware, virtualbox around which just runs perfectly windows
> applications in windows I even ask the question why is wine still exist,
> probably it's someones pet project who don't want to let it go...

I used to have FreeBSD on my old office desktop till 2018, WINE was the only
way to run MT4 [1] on it. MT4 worked flawlessly with WINE, no frames missing,
no broken fonts, not even one crash for few years...

> This is ain't the 90's man everyone can afford to have 2-3 or more PCs at
> home
But sometimes you have to be outside the home.

[1] https://www.metatrader4.com/

Cheers!
--
Radek