Hi Brandon,

The key point here for the answer provided to iyou was "Firmware" not
"driver"

Two different things.

Driver for Linux for example is use to allow the network stack of Linux
to use the card based on what the actual card support.

Firmware is what actually run on the flash of the card to initialize the
card itself an, etc.

That's what OpenBSD install when you do a fresh install, but that can't
be distributed because of license issue and that you download at install
time, not part of the OS.

Think about it as a BLOB, not driver.

Hope this clarify the answer you got more.

Daniel