On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 02:02:56PM +0000, Rodrigo Readi wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Nov 2020, Bryan Steele wrote:
>
> > It took you *6* emails before finally mentioning which platform were
> > on, even after being asked..
>
> Yes, excuse me, I answered to Nick Samsung nc10, but not mentioned i386.
>
> > i386 removed the base gcc compiler in OpenBSD 6.6, so the binaries were
>
> Your link for 6.8 says: "Disabled gcc in base on armv7 and i386."

I linked to the 6.6 page, not 6.8. Yes, it was disabled, and henced
removed from the distribution sets for i386 (and armv7), but not from
the tree as other architectures still use base-gcc. New installs do
not include them on i386/armv7, but upgrades do not removed obsolete
binaries in general.

> > obsolete even on your 6.7 install.. i386 has been a default clang arch
> > since OpenBSD /6.2/.
>
> Clang was default, gcc may be obsolete, but /usr/bin/gcc is till now
> there, broken. In the upgrade instructions is not mentioned to delete
> it:
>
> https://www.openbsd.org/66.html
>
> The man page of gcc-local is till now (6.8) delivered in comp68.tgz

The man page is installed on all architectures so that's irrelevant.