> but to set up FDE I had to reference the official FAQ

Referring to the official documentation is a key distinction between successful
OpenBSD use and that of many other systems; the early that gets hammered home
the better, right?  It’s practically unGoogleable, if that’s a word.

It can be super frustrating at times, but half blindly following a guide or
entering some unexplained command from Stackoverflow, while being much easier,
has got to be among the most dangerous patterns we can adopt.  Using OpenBSD
has been a very humbling experience, but I’ve learned so, so much by being
forced to adopt better practices.

Glad you got yours set up. All the best.