On 2021-07-15 08:57:32, Isak Holmström <i...@prehosp.se> wrote:
> Hello,
> I recently discovered that my battery is not charging. I really can’t find
> anything when searching the web regarding openbsd and batteries. Please
> advice me how to debug this issue. I cannot find anything on
> https://marc.info or man sysctl, apm or apmd, sysctl.conf

A couple thoughts.

1)  The battery may simply be dead.  AFAIUI, modern laptop
batteries have internal circuits that disable the battery if they
detect anything that could be dangerous.  There may be a
(Windows-only) utility that Lenovo offers to check this.

2)  Have you upgraded the laptop's internals, or changed the power
charger you use?  I know that newer models of Thinkpads will
refuse to charge if the charger can't put out enough power to do
so.  Lenovo makes chargers in many different wattage ratings.  Is
the one you're using rated to power an X220 in the configuration
it's in?  I.e. Models with faster CPUs/discrete graphics often
require a higher wattage power supply than those without.

3)  Power sockets get plugged and unplugged a lot, and tend to
wear out over time.  Could the socket itself be loose?  Does
"sysctl hw.sensors" show hw.sensors.acpiac0.indicator0 as being
"on"?  Does wiggling the power cable cause it to
connect/disconnect?

None of these are a definite answer, but hopefully one of them
will help guide you to a solution to your problem.

--
Bryan