On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 04:36:58AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> jwinnie@tilde.institute said on Sat, 27 Nov 2021 16:34:48 -0500
>
> >Hello OpenBSD users and devs,
> >
> >I am wondering if there are plans to change the
> >default window manager in OpenBSD.
> >
> >Currently, the default WM is fvwm,
>
> The only thing wrong with fvwm is it ships with such tiny fonts I can't
> read enough to change the font size. But only people with bad vision
> have this problem. And if I really wanted fvwm, I'd just have a person
> with good vision change the font, then I'd do the rest.

For those with vision problems for tiny fonts, like me, Ctrl Right-Click
brings up font sizes. After changing to a bigger font, I open a new
xterm and all is fine.
First step I do on a new install.
Best to open a new xterm rather than the first one, which overflows with
the bigger font.

Ctrl plus Right-Click or middle-click or left-click of the mouse offers
a lot of handy features before making permanent configuration changes.
Hopefully useful for those that didn't know about this.

I happen to like fvwm quite a bit after configuration to my needs.
I install the fvwm2 version from ports, but base version works great.
fvwm3 is also available now, so it is an actively developed software.
Not sure when/if that will get ported in.

--
Chris Bennett