On Wed, Feb 08, 2023 at 09:27:08AM -0300, vitmau...@gmail.com wrote:
> quick and very basic question: is syncing and umounting a USB drive
> enough to safely remove it or should I execute other commands before
> unplugging these devices?

My personal check list for safely removing removable media after use would be

1) close any open files stored there
2) make sure no process has the media as $PWD (as in, cd away from there,
   and really a variation on the first)
3) issue at least one sync command (some folklore will insist on three)
4) umount the media from wherever it was mounted

then you can go ahead and unplug.

- Peter

https://bsdly.blogspot.com/ https://www.bsdly.net/ https://www.nuug.no/