On Sun, Mar 05, 2023 at 11:26:04PM +0100, Pietro Leone Pola Falletti di
Villafalletto wrote:
> Hallo, I bought industrial fanless pc for using it as firewall with OpenBSD.
> I tried both 7.2 and 7.3-beta, I installed the stock operating system
> without any customization, the four nic and the wifi did not work out of the
> box. The differences is that during the installation the wireless card is
> recognized as iwn0, but fail to load the firmware, the nics do not appear in
> the list of configurable network card.
> I tried to load OpenBSD firmware from:
>
> http://firmware.openbsd.org
>
> Both 7.2 and 7.3 but the results are the same, wireless nic startworking,
> but not the for wired nic. During the boot I see this error for every nic:
>
> igc0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Intel I225-V" rev 0x03: not enough msi-x
> vectors
> igc0: unable to map msi-x vector 0
>
> I tried to install FreeBSD13.1 and GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 20.04) and both
> recognize all nic and wireless card, so the hardware seems ok.

This could be a matter of a variant no OpenBSD developer has had their
hands on yet.

I would try sending to bugs@ instead (the sendbug command is very well
suited for that purpose). The chance of catching a relevant developer's
attention is a lot larger than when posting on misc@.

- Peter

https://bsdly.blogspot.com/ https://www.bsdly.net/ https://www.nuug.no/