On Sat, Aug 12, 2023 at 03:49:12AM +0000, Philipp Buehler wrote:
> Am 12.08.2023 03:13 schrieb Chris Bennett:
> > I can't figure out how to match the outgoing mails to the correct IP/mx
> > they are coming from. Just one server, different A records for the mx
> > versus domain name.
>
> Difficult to understand what you're trying there...
> I kinda understand that you have multiple IP-addresses on that smtpd
> machine and need to send from a "correct" one?
> If so, check back that 'action' with a relay delivery has a 'src' option.
>
> HTH,
> --
> pb

I have one server with multiple IP addresses.
For example, bennettconstruction.us at one IP, with A record
mx.bennettconstruction.us at the same machine, different IP with it's
own A record.

Plus, several other website and mail domains on the same server.
In each case, each has it's own A record and IP, one for a domain name,
the other for it's mail domain.

bennettconstruction.us 1.2.3.4
mx.bennettconstruction.us 1.2.3.5
moron.org 1.2.3.6
mail.moron.org 1.2.3.7
wisecracker.com 1.2.3.8
mx.wisecracker.com 1.2.3.9

I'm trying to get the proper mail server to match the sent From: domain.

Also, with this switch changing the hostname, root now comes through
bennettconstruction.us instead of the other one that was the hostname
before. The change in hostname was planned.

In case it's relevant, I always use ssh and neomutt to the server for
reading and sending.
I only use K9 on my phone to read or click a link.

Thank you for putting up with my hard to understand posts. It's not
deliberate, but a lifelong problem.

--
Chris Bennett