On Mon, 2023-09-25 at 18:15 +0200, Rudolf Leitgeb wrote:
> Either this, or the TLS 1.3 code was always buggy, but now
> it was actually used per default.
Yes, setting up nginx with enabled tlsv1.3 on 7.2 and earlier is also
on the todo. Similarly, disabling tlsv1.3 and forcing tlsv1.3 on
earlier versions.

Still, the earlier versions i had been running seemed to support
tlsv1.3, at least according to s_client. But the use as default might
change things.

> Question: is there a similar
> commit in your DNS server? Do you use this DNS server with
> anything like TLS?
pdns itself is not leaking, the memory is hogged by mariadb. But (given
everything runs via unix sockets) i am not using TLS in that stack at
all. This is was initially nudged me a bit towards other functions that
might be used from libressl (sha* or something used in auth maybe?).
But this will need some more test-setups to run for some time; I will
be able to setup automation for that in the coming weeks.

With best regards,
Tobias

--
Dr.-Ing. Tobias Fiebig