Hello,

In these days  searching to fix security details on my station, eg. reducing
the exposure to GUI programs,
etc. I tried to port my dev environment from Xfce to Mate and here some of my
thoughts:

1) Mate is much lighter, eg tcl/tk software go up like a twist;
2) by multi screens the porting is a true adventure cause Mate doesn't come
with a
"Display utility", all the screen configuration happens by xrandr;
3) the software that accompaign Mate is few or doesnt run, eg the power
management
utility doesnt function or I can't set my custom 5 Mode background (the
background utility
doesnt pop up);
4) the context menu by right clicking anywhere on the desktop has no
application menu
apparently.. this the latest problem..

I passed a full night with Mate (..) but for now I was happy to come
back to my steps and restore Xfce, although performances seem very
interesting.
-Dan