On 3/20/2024 1:44 AM, Kirill Miazine wrote:

actually I checked, and I do use wgpka on clients, but not on the
server -- I don't remember why I didn't...

In our case the server is on an Internet accessible address, whereas the clients are behind a NAT firewall. We also have keepalives enabled on the clients (to maintain their NAT mapping) but not on the server (as if the client isn't sending its keepalives the server isn't going to get through anyway).

A scenario where it stops but then works again as soon as traffic is sent does kind of sound like a firewall or NAT timeout issue? We don't have that problem, if we leave it completely alone it generally works indefinitely with no issues. It's just when we try to modify the configuration that things sometimes go sideways.

Thanks for the data point…