On 2024-03-21, Roderick <hru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> --000000000000e4360006142cfd57
>
> Is it not ARC meant to be the solution for
> this problem?

That was sort-of the idea, but it requires mail server admins to decide
which ARC signers (i.e. mailing list servers) to trust. Recently gmail
haven't even been trusting mailing list servers to send emails with the
same message-id to multiple recipients...

Don't use gmail unless you don't mind missing some mails.

I've got to say, I find the From rewrites less annoying than not
scrubbing MIME parts, though I'd prefer if Reply-To was set (to
list+sender, leaving any Mail-Followup-To in place). Many lists have
done this (often for all senders, not just those with published
DMARC policy) and, after a period of adjustment to get used to it,
it's not so bad.