The example I'm referring to is how to define a table (page 42), and I applied that to the martians example (page 91).

Op 09-04-2024 om 16:06 schreef Peter N. M. Hansteen:
On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 10:52:45AM +0200, Karel Lucas wrote:
I defined the table as stated in your book (3rd edition, page 42). However,
that gives an error message. In the lines with that table: macro 'martians'
not defined. Moreover, I now also have a Syntax error in lines 38, 39 and
46, causing the pf lines not to be loaded.
The martians example only appears on page 91, and if you had read that book
or other PF references, you would have known full well that the syntax for
defining and referencing macros differs from how you define and reference
tables.

Please actually read the advice offered by contributors to this thread.