On 2024-05-06, Eyüp Hakan Duran <ehakandu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> --0000000000009fb6bb0617c0773e
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install webssh, which is a python package, on OpenBSD 7.5.
> My goal is to provide a tool for my email server users a means to change
> their passwords. Some of them access their emails from Windows machines,
> and they are not very comfortable using ssh, etc. I thought this would be a
> good way to streamline the process. The next challenge will be limiting
> their ssh usage only to change their passwords, but I need to solve this
> problem first. This is my workflow so far:
>
> # mkdir /usr/local/share/webssh
> # python -m venv /usr/local/share/webssh

One of the rust libraries used by py-cryptography needs patching to
work with libressl. Easiest workaround is probably to pkg_add
py3-cryptography, and use --system-site-packages with venv so that
it can pick up packages from the main system.

That said, for your stated goal, you're probably better off using LDAP
or a SQL database to store your hashed passwords for email users,
having your IMAP/POP3 server point at that for authentication, and
providing a web app of some sort to allow users to change them
(e.g. roundcube and snappymail webmail apps both have plugins that
you can enable to allow this).