Hi everyone,

I hope all of you had a great weekend so far!

I was wondering why OpenBSD web services like httpd write their PID file
to /var/www/run instead of /var/run.

I suspect that it is because a web service might change its root
directory to /var/www using chroot(2), making everything outside of this
directory inaccessible during runtime (this would probably not affect
httpd but maybe other web-related services), and that /var/www is the
home directory of the www user. However, I couldn't find anything to
confirm this.

Can anyone confirm or deny my assumption?

Regards,
Souji