On 4/25/06, J.D. Bronson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was surprised that no one replied on this list about this
> issue...so I wanted to repost it ONE time. Someone out there must
> also be seeing this and if its normal..I would like to know...(and if
> its normal..why)
>
> REPOST:
>
> After further testing, its not only the console, but also over SSH.
> (on the same LAN segment) - so that would eliminate a few possibilities.
>
> I noticed this awhile back on 3.9-current and it is still there in
> the latest snapshot I tried (4/22)...I am hoping someone has seen this..
>
> I installed from the snapshot and didnt customize a thing. When the
> machine is done loading (IBM rack server)...I simply logged in (as
> root at the moment).
>
> I am not running serial or headless. I have a normal monitor/keyboard
> (PS2) plugged in.
>
> When I type at the console to begin to setup the machine, the
> characters do not follow me in real time as I type. Its like I am on
> an overseas long distance 300 baud dialup line.
>
> There is quite a delay and sometimes I can type several words and
> then a few seconds later - they show up.
>
> This does not happen on the same machine if I install 3.8.
>
> I have (4) identical machines (make/model/ram/cpu/hard drives) and
> they all work fine with 3.8 - it is only past 3.8 that I noticed this.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> -JD

>From http://openbsd.unixtech.be/report.html:
[quote]

"Current version problem reports

If your problem is with the current source tree rather than a release
or stable tree,

   1. Test the problem at least twice, with source updated a few days apart."

[endquote]
Or try a new current snapshot.. You now even have the choice between
non-PAE and very-close-to-PAE ones ;)

==Adriaan==