That's true. He didn't write his requirements. I'm handling everything
on ramdisks (dnscache from djbdns, squid, log-files) and it's working
fine (for a small environment). Soekris are more expensive, but they
have advantages... :-)
Openbrick could also be an option. I bought some machines here:
http://www.visionsystems.de/ (Embedded Systems)
It's a german company but I think they ship to other countries, too.

Regard
  Hagen Volpers