On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Toni Mueller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 22.06.2006 at 12:49:22 +0200, Henning Brauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I haven't seen stability problems with mysql on OpenBSD in a long time.
> > not even on sparc64.
>
> then you are very lucky, imho.
>
> On a variety of OpenBSD boxes, and with a variety of MySQL versions, I
> experience random crashes or, mostly, hangs where the server does not
> respond anymore, but also doesn't crash.

That's a pretty broad statement - how about a little more info?

Were you using ISAM or InnoDB? How complex is the DB? What sort of
operations are you doing (i.e. simple appends or complicated joins)?

        Lee

  Leland V. Lammert            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Chief Scientist     Omnitec Corporation
 Network/Internet Consultants   www.omnitec.net