Hello,

You can create a chrooted environment for another ssh server:
1/ ldd sshd and sftp-server binaries and copy dependencies
2/ copy /etc/{group,hosts,passwd,protocols,pwd.db,resolv.conf,services,ttys} and /bin/{cat,pwd,rm,sh} into your chroot
3/ modify /etc/ files to change users groups ...
3bis/ run pwd_mkdb(8) with appropriate options to regenerate password db into your chrooted env
4/ create devices /dev/{log,null,random,...} in your chrooted env
5/ configure your ssh server to listen on another port than 22 if there is already one on this machine
6/ put "chroot /my_chroot /usr/sbin/sshd" in your rc.local
7/ make a script to apply userland upgrades to your chroot env

...Or....
You can create a systrace policy for a sshd instance dedicated to sftp service

Cheers,
Frangois Visconte
Bambero wrote:

Seems to work fine but it's still not chrooted environment. Users have
access to a whole system.