On 10/29/06, Jonathan Thornburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
In <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=116184662612115&w=1>,
"martin g" <op3nbsdlist () gmail ! com> asks
> Has anyone got experience with Lenovo notebooks running OpenBSD.
> If you are so kind to share your experience.

I'm using a Thinkpad T43p (2GB memory, 100GB disk) with 3.9-stable.
Speedstep and 'apmd -C' are ok.

Even with 2GB memory, mfs is limited to a bit under 1GB, and process
data size is limited to 1GB, but these are generic OpenBSD i386 limits,
not specific to this hardware.

The builtin bge0 (10/100Mbit ethernet) is 'interesting':
* it works fine when connected to an ethernet *switch* (eg Netgear DS105)
* it works fine when connected to some ethernet *hubs* (eg Netgear DS104)
* it doesn't work at all ("no carrier") when connected to some other
  ethernet *hubs*, even ones of the same model (Netgear DS104) which
  work fine with other people's Thinkpads.
In the (normal) case when it works fine, I typically get around 8 MB/second
at 60-80% CPU usage for scp of large files to/from nearby fast machines
over a 100Mbit switched network.

The builtin ath0 (wavelan) works fine.

USB flash disks work fine with either 'mount -t msdos' or mtools.
I haven't tried any pcmcia cards.  I haven't tried audio.

X.org is beautiful at 1600x1200 pixels, but it doesn't recognize
the middle mouse button. :(

If you turn off the touch pad in the BIOS and use only the trackpoint
then the middle mouse button works.  I never use the touch pad so this
works fine for me.

Greg