Hi there,

atstake atstake schrieb:
I been given this Cisco VPN Client software version 4.8 where a
"vpnclient.ini" file needs to be imported and authentication is done
via username and password to a Cisco VPN gateway which (after
authentication) drops me off to the internal network.

ugh. That's Cisco's way of extended authentication.

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to use OpenBSD's isakpmd or
anything else to authenticate to the Cisco VPN gateway instead of
using Cisco VPN Client software version 4.8 on Windows XP?

To my knowledge, the extended authentication (username & password in Cisco's VPN Client) is some propritary extension, therefor it won't work with isakmpd.
If I'm wrong, I'd like to be corrected :-)

Regards,
./Marian