Theo de Raadt wrote:
OpenBSD Founder Theo deRaadt Has Conflict of Interest With AMD
   By David Marcus, 2007-08-05 03:41:29
   Section: Technology, Topic:

<snip slander, nyah>

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2007/8/2/15233/84896

Too bad the author of that article is totally lying.  Neither I or the
project have no donation relationship with AMD.

The only donations the project ever got from AMD were three prototype
AMD64 machines.

It's amazing how people these days can just invent commentary out of
their ass, and have thousands of people read it and change their bias.
It's slander, that's exactly what it is, and I ask that the editors
take that article down and force some sort of apologize for it.

it's so amazing that it makes you ask the question: who funds the person who authored it? i could name a few guesses based on the "who benefits?" question here but would rather not... ;). speculate amongst yourselves.

i felt the earlier story about linus was overtly dismissive of the issues raised. it tastes like shillery.