The only thing I know about this "incident" is that OpenBSD developers
are angry at someone I don't know, over events whose details I don't
know.

If they had approached me in a friendly way, asking me to look at the
issue and formulate an opinion, as a favor or for the good of the
community, I would have investigated at least to find out what my
opinion should be.  Instead, however, they approached me with rage,
trying to blame the FSF for whatever happened.  I don't have to take
that, and I don't have to cater to them.