On Thursday, November  1, 2007 at 11:33:56 +0100, Markus Wernig wrote:
>Dear list
>
>I have a couple of 4.1 firewalls that I would like to upgrade to 4.2.
>Before taking them online again I'd like to deploy the openssl patch
>from ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/patches/4.2/common/002_openssl.patch
>
>Being perimeter firewalls, those systems don't have compile tools
>installed. I would thus need to pre-compile libssl on a 4.2 buildhost
>and deploy it onto the firewalls. I've been looking through the
>documentation but did not find a "good" way to do this, because openssl
>is not a package, but part of the base system.

What's wrong with building a release?  It's well documented, supported
and works great.

If you don't want to build your own release and you trust me, you can
use the filesets from
ftp://ftp.su.se/pub/mirrors/openbsd_stable/4.2-stable/i386/
These are built from the stable tree after the SSL-patch was made
available.

Maurice