ropers wrote:
> Id didn't know him personally, but I do know that he was a man of many
> talents:
> People here remember him as a fellow OpenBSD developer. However,
> possibly his most lasting legacy will be his tireless work (for over
> ten years) on IPv6.

Same here.  I've been following IPv6 for a while and he has been a
central figure whose name is everywhere.  I expect that much of
wikipedia's resistance stems from the ignorance antagonism towards IPv6
in the mainstream press.

> The Internet will only be able to continue to grow because of IPv6,
> and a big part of the IPv6 work was done by itojun, in collaboration
> with others, particularly within the KAME project (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAME_project ), and in collaboration with
> the WIDE ( http://www.wide.ad.jp/ ) , TAHI ( http://www.tahi.org/ )
> and USAGI ( http://www.linux-ipv6.org/ ) projects.

However, whether there are bonafide fifth columnists even at wiki, or
plain old ignorance, or simply malevolent emergent behavior,
technologies and methods that put Redmond products in bad light get
actively pushed aside or hidden.

IPv6 brings to light a whole slew of insurmountable design and
implementation problems in the Redmond movement's gimmicks - er -
products.  And the way we do currently networking in general with IPv4.
  So in addition to other factors, there are those with incentive to
postpone general knowledge and deployment of IPv6.

> In short, his work (and IPv6 advocacy) will prove vital for the future
> of the Internet and its continued existence as one global entity. If
> you like the Internet, then maybe you should be aware of itojun's
> work...

Well put.

Regards,
-Lars