> I think it would be wrong for me to recommend it to others.  Therefore,
    > if a collection of software contains (or suggests installation of)
    > some non-free program, I do not recommend it.  The systems I recommend
    > are therefore those that do not contain (or suggest installation of)
    > non-free software.

    Therefore, you don't recommend linux. Oh wait ...

I don't recommend Torvalds' version of Linux.  The versions of Linux
in Ututo and gNewSense, which I recommend, do not have the blobs.

    > However, its ports
    > system does suggest non-free programs,

    No it doesn't "suggest" non-free programs in any way;
    it just makes it possible and easy to install them.

Including a program by name in the ports system does suggest using
that program.  It grants the program a sort of legitimacy, and that
is what I am opposed to.

You may have a different interpretation of these facts.
That's my interpretation of them.