On Dec 13, 2007 5:52 PM, Richard Stallman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    gNewSense uses the Linux kernel. The Linux kernel facilitates
> utilization of
>    non-free blobs.
>
> gNewSense does not include, or refer to, or tell people about
> the drivers that use non-free blobs.

You manipulate my comments. Your point was :

"However, if distribution D includes this "easier way to install" in
its ports system, by doing so distribution D endorses it and takes on
the ethical responsibility for it."

We all know that the linux kernel (on which gNewSense is based) has an "easy
way to install" binary blobs, like nvidia binary drivers. I wasn't speaking
about non free blobs that are in the Torvald's kernel but the nvidia one
that is NOT in it. Moreover, this facility to install blobs that the linux
kernel *provides* comes with the base gNewSense system... OpenBSD non-free
packages are not in the base system and not even available...

> Torvalds's decision to put blobs into Linux was a bad one, but
> gNewSense is ok because it does not follow Torvalds' bad decision.

This sounds to me simply wrong because your statements are full of
contradictions.

--
Mattieu Baptiste
"/earth is 102% full ... please delete anyone you can."