On 13/12/2007, Richard Stallman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     If a library has a book on [insert-controversial-topic-here], does that
>     imply endorsement of said topic by the library or by someone who reads the
>     book?  Should the library burn copies of books on such topics to protect
>     the citizenry?  Absolutely not.
>
> A system distribution is more like an anthology than like a library.
> We do consider the editor of the anthology book responsible for the choice
> of what to include.

OpenBSD neither includes nor promotes any non-free software.  However,
like any unbiased material, it does contain a complete and detailed
reference list, called 'ports'.

Please note, that there is no automated process about getting ports
onto your system. The only thing that the OpenBSD install process can
install for you is the base system, which actually happens to have a
lot of software in it as it is, from X and apache, to gcc and lynx. So
unlike other BSD systems, which heavily depend on you installing both
ports and packages for various components of the system, OpenBSD
requires neither ports nor packages for the day to day operation.

C.