2) If supporting non-free software is bad,

What I object to is referring people to non-free software as something
to install.  "Supporting" is a broader term, and includes various
different practices.  I don't object to all of them.

    I just finished listening to the BSDTalk interview for the second time
    and this is what I think:
    Richard explains in the interview that all BSD distributions (not
    OpenBSD specifically) INCLUDE non-free software in their ports system.
    Using the "normal" definition of include, this statement is incorrect.

I've offered to ask them to post a note to clarify what I meant.  I
have not seen a response to that offer, but I have decided to ask them
anyway.  I do not want to misinform anyone.