Nick Holland wrote:
> Saulo Bozzi Daleprane wrote:
>
>> I have a problem installing OpenBSD 4.2 in old machines.
>>
>> The bug fix instructs to use disc 2 of amd64, but what's the name of
>> this ISO?!
>>

> lots of responses, all wrong.
>
> This issue ONLY impacted the official, purchased CD sets, not the
> downloadable images.  If you have the official CD set, you just use
> the disk labeled "amd64", not the one labeled i386.  That's pretty
> painfully obvious if you own the CDs, so I think you are referring
> to the downloaded images.
>
> So, if you can't install from the downloads, you have a problem other
> than what you are looking at.
>
> Provide useful info, we can provide guidance.
>
> Note: i386 machines I call "old" can't boot from CD. :)
>
> Nick.

Yes Nick, this is it.
I've tried with images ISO of ftp.openbsd.org.
I have an old machine, which is: proliant ml370 compaq; cdrom scsi, etc.
and it does not boot by cdrom: install42.iso release, amd64, cd42.iso,
cdemu.iso. 4.3 snapshot.
I'll make a disc with floppyB42.fs and floppy42.fs (amd64) and try.
This today.
My problem is with the cdrom.

Ok...we'll see.

--

*Saulo Bozzi Daleprane*

/"Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant
intelligence"./