On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 03:19:41PM +0100, Tobias Ulmer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 04:33:03AM -0500, Donald Cooley wrote:
> > openports shows that the openbsd version of kde4 is nearly two years
> > old.  are there any future plans to update kde4?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Donald Cooley
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&w=2&r=1&s=openbsd&q=b
> KDE doesn't give a fuck about OpenBSD, so why should we?

You're totally mistaken.

KDE cares about the BSDs, and they're very much no-nonsense people.
I had absolutely no difficulty getting an account with them, nor with
folding back portable patches I had to make things work on OpenBSD.

The main reason we're behind for kde4 is that it's mostly impossible
to compile kde4 with gcc3, so there is some upheaval there.

Also the fact that back when I ported kde 4.0, it was not interesting
at all, especially compared to 3.5.10.

Other issues have happened since then. It shouldn't be that hard to get
kde4 to work, once you get past the gcc4 issue (and port cmake, but
apparently 2.8.0 is nicer).