That attitude is shelfish, and I will try to state why:

Linux want to conolize the world; OpenBSD exists for its own sake, that is the same as saying for the sake of both developer and curious users.

You are expecting OpenBSD community should embrace you because Linux would like it: "A new adept!". But this is not the case.

If you have a little hacker inside you, understand some basic principles and are willing to learn, OpenBSD community will show you how incredible knowledgeable and helpful can be.

If you are just knocking doors hoping a welcome pie, well... Just look for another door.

We are not looking for friends, but hacker friends! :)

Regards!

Dani

El 14/04/2010 11:11, Zachary Uram escribiC3:
As a long time Linux user I will soon try out OpenBSD, I have been
reading the list emails and contacted 1 OpenBSD top person who was
very rude. There is some of the "RTFM" or "get lost" attitude in
Linux, but if a questioner seems sincere there is usually a certain
level of friendliness in Linux community towards them. Just what I
have briefly observed the OpenBSD community is more abrupt and less
interested in helping newbies, they prefer one find the answer solely
on their own if possible. I must say I detect a certain attitude that
smacks of superiority and even condescension at times. Is this a fair
assessment of 6the OpenBSD culture?

Zach

<><  http://www.fidei.org><>