On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 09:09:02PM +0100, rh...@hushmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to launch the second restricted control socket
> without having to pkill bgpd first ?
>
> I tried running "bgpd -r" without pkill first and that did not have
> the desired effect, it simply tried to relaunch conections to any
> configured peers rather than simply start up the second socket !

Yes, because you're invoking a second instance of the daemon. All else
flows from that; upon my quick inspection of the bgpctl man page doesn't
seem to indicate that you can fire up the restricted socket during runtime.

Magic 8 ball says the judicious use of pkill and bgpd_flags="-r /path/to/foo"
is in your future.