On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 07:01:20PM -0700, Philip Guenther wrote:
> I think I was a bit misleading in my suggestion.  I think you should
> scan the *entire* kdump output to see if it's calling chroot(), for
> example, which will completely screw the lazy-loading used by Carp.pm
> for Carp/Heavy.pm.

> >  2037 httpd    CALL  stat(0x8325f480,0xcfbdac90)
> >  2037 httpd    NAMI  "/usr/libdata/perl5/Carp/Heavy.pmc"
> >  2037 httpd    RET   stat -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
>
> You confirm that that file exists when you check with the normal root
> directory, which suggests the process is running with some other root
> directory when it is doing the above, no?
>

> Philip Guenther

Hi Philip,

  Looking at the line numbering. chroot is called at line 153297 which
is after Exporter/Heavy.pm is read (line 13180) but Carp/Heavy.pm isn't
looked for until line 155196. So the chroot is taking place in between
those times.

  I have tried running apache without chroot, but I get the same error.
I wonder if there is something wrong with mod_perl itself?

  Tom