On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 07:00:25PM +0200, Robert wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:19:10 +0200
> "Peter J. Philipp" <p...@centroid.eu> wrote:
> > It works at home too, with a bit of hackery by myself.  A while ago I
> > noticed
> > OpenSMTPD didn't deliver to aliases, but I'm unsure if it has been fixed yet
> > or if I and mouring were the only ones that had the problem.  I'm looking
> > for
> > the next release so that I can test this and know for sure!
>
> Make sure that you didn't make the same mistake as I did:
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=125664373516070
>
> regards,
> Robert

Thanks.  I'm trying to interpret that marc archive right.  Was it that you
had your /etc/mailer.conf not updated to the opensmtpd binaries?  Well anyhow
you made me look if my problem persists, so I tried it on a fairly recent
-current box (August 2nd) and I'm still seeing the fails that I had before.

Here is a session with opensmtpd:

----
# telnet localhost 25
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 uranus.centroid.eu ESMTP OpenSMTPD
helo remote
250 uranus.centroid.eu Hello remote [IPv6:::1], pleased to meet you
mail from: <p...@solarscale.de>
250 2.1.0 Sender ok
rcpt to: <secur...@solarscale.de>
530 5.0.0 Recipient rejected: secur...@solarscale.de
quit
221 2.0.0 uranus.centroid.eu Closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.
----

Notice the 530 error, I'm unsure what this means but the log says:

Aug 18 19:31:13 caliban smtpd: (none): from=<p...@solarscale.de>,
relay=localhost.solarscale.de [IPv6:::1], stat=LocalError (530 5.0.0 Recipient
rejected: secur...@solarscale.de)

So to show you my /etc/mailer.conf:

----
#       $OpenBSD: mailer.conf,v 1.3 2000/04/06 18:24:19 millert Exp $
#
# Execute the "real" sendmail program, named /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
#
sendmail        /usr/sbin/smtpctl
send-mail       /usr/sbin/smtpctl
makemap         /usr/libexec/smtpd/makemap
newaliases      /usr/libexec/smtpd/makemap
----

Notice, makemap and newaliases point to the opensmtpd binaries.

Next I want to show you my aliases file from /etc/mail/aliases:

----
# more aliases
#
daemon: root
operator:       root
bin:    root
smmsp:  root
popa3d: root
sshd:   root
uucp:   root
www:    root
named:  root
proxy:  root
nobody: root
root:   pjp
pjp:    p...@solarscale.de
security: root
#
----

And lastly I'd like to show you my config:

----
#       $OpenBSD: smtpd.conf,v 1.1 2009/03/17 00:00:16 gilles Exp $

# This is the smtpd server system-wide configuration file.
# See smtpd.conf(5) for more information.

hostname "uranus.centroid.eu"
map "aliases" { source db "/etc/mail/aliases.db" }

listen on localhost
listen on vic0

accept for local deliver to mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"

# must be "from all" because "from local" is default
accept from all for domain "solarscale.de" deliver to mda
"/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"
accept from all for domain "centroid.eu" deliver to mda
"/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"
accept from all for domain "uranus.centroid.eu" deliver to mda
"/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"

accept from all for domain "goldflipper.net" deliver to mda
"/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"

accept for all relay via 127.0.0.1 port 9025
----

So anyhow if you can spot the error, I'd be grateful otherwise I assume what
I want from opensmtpd is still not working.

Regards,

-peter