On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:58:40AM +0100, Keith wrote:
>   Seeing that orders are being taken for the 4.8 release got me thinking
> about purchasing a copy, I don't need a copy on CD so just a download
> for my architecture would be fine. In the past I've sent a small donated
> to the project and was wondering if there's way that I could buy the
> right to download the OS before the official release.

In reality, you already can; at no point is there code that's being
"held out" for the CD release that isn't already in cvs; grabiing
a -current snapshot from a period of time reasonably near the tree
unlock that happens each cycle should be close enough for anything
that doesn't require soothing some sort of OCD.