On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:12:44AM +0600, Anton Maksimenkov wrote:
> 2010/9/13 Henning Brauer <lists-open...@bsws.de>:
> >> hangs. 1-2 sec after start.
> >> --- interrupt ---
> >> pool_do_get(d0a10b60,0,0,0,60) at pool_do_get+0x2c2
> >> pool_get(d0a10b60,0,80000000,0,0) at pool_get+0x54
> >> m_gethdr(1,1,80000000,369e99,0) at m_gethdr+0x39
> > too me that simply looks like you are running out of memory in mbpl
> > and the pool_get is a M_WAITOK one
>
> But it not unfreezed even after minute. SSH connections dropped, com
> console didn't response (but it can be dropped into ddb, of course).

yes, because you've soaked up all the memory that's available for
handling incoming/outgoing network traffic; you've got a bunch of
processes that try to grab a limited number of resources, fail to
get all they need, and sleep while holding already-allocated mbufs,
meaning that nobody else can get them, and none of your processes
can advance.

That said, the pool_get that's failing in the re driver is set as
non-blocking, so it should fail. However, it's hard to see how
you're tickling this without seeing the source that you're running,
since we don't know how you're cornholing the network stack.