On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 03:08:12PM -0400, Joe McDonagh wrote:
> >Move your puppet to apache+passenger instead of starting serveral
> >mongrel instances. It is much simpler to manage.
> >

> >Claer
> I guess that depends on your definition of simple; I've done this setup but
> there are version incompatibilities that make it a PITA. I would definitely
> like to move to it, but it just seems too finicky.

Had to work through those, but a half hour of mix-n-match should see
you through. One of the annoyances you get paid to deal with.

There are (some and incomplete, sadly) version issues detailed
on the puppet website[1], and gems is easy enough to use to
install ruby apps.

FWIW, I've got puppet 2.6.1 running on passenger 2.2.15

[1] http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/1/wiki/Using_Passenger