From: missourilibertycoalition@googlegroups.com
[mailto:missourilibertycoalit...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Eric Vought
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 1:02 PM
To: missourilibertycoalition@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [MoLiCo] Oklahoma Calls Ban on Islamic Law a 'Preemptive
Strike'

On Jun 17, 2010, at 6:15 AM, Jerry Blevins wrote:

> Are you nuts!!!!!!

Perhaps, but I am also quite serious. Do you believe that the
Constitution only applies when you want it to? Do you believe that it
is meant to stop liberals from implementing bad ideas they think are
'justified' by their ideology but that 'conservatives'  are not bound
by it and don't have terrible ideas they also think are 'justified'?

How can you possibly consider outlawing the use of Sharia, which is
itself based on Torah, and not think it will affect Christians and
Jews? Law is always a two-edged sword. Many atheists want strict
separation of church and state because they see religious doctrine as
'creeping insidiously' into public life. By barring it completely,
religious nuts won't be able to force their irrational Christian
beliefs on free-thinking atheists. This the EXACT SAME twisted logic
'Christians' are using here against Muslims and it leads to the same
place.

"But that's different!" is the battle cry of a liberal.