I think it probably proves that the Republican Party is dead and it just has
not been given the funeral yet!!!!

Jerry

From: missourilibertycoalition@googlegroups.com
[mailto:missourilibertycoalit...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Tom Martz
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 12:52 PM
To: missourilibertycoalition@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [MoLiCo] Fw: Charlie Shields Removes Chuck Purgason

If it weren't for the arrogance of the democrats the republicans would
implode due to stupidity.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Eric Vought <evou...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jul 12, 2010, at 5:04 PM, Linda Herd wrote:

I've been ranting and raving to Carl about this very thing. I am so glad
that you have written to Senator Shields
concerning this. I was not aware of Mr. Purgason but I will vote for him if
he is against the Corporations who
feel it necessary to govern a country through their money and influence. I
see the governors ruling almost
entirely by who gives them this money.  I've been saying for years that
lobbying using money (power) should
be illegal. Some say that would not be a good idea. The world has always
been run by a few corrupt people
and history verifies this. I would just hate to think that I would give in
to this if I were ruling. However, I
decided to plan so that I would not need money. I have done that so far and
I know power and money do
not really make one happy. I am not searching for that now and never have,
but the ego (devil) can lure
people with its many wiles.

This is the letter I sent to Mr. Shields:

Honorable Sir:

I am an active Missouri Republican voter, former (2008) and future (2010)
Republican Committeeman, who is not in your district, but I am writing
because I am very confused as to why a Republican State Senator would remove
a Republican Committee Chairman because he opposed a government bailout we
cannot afford--- a bailout to a company which is not even in financial
trouble.

You say we have to do this in order to compete with other states who are
offering cushy deals to Ford:

1) Missouri has given Ford cushy deal in the past and they still closed the
plant we were trying to bribe them to keep open. Now they have their hand
out again. Where will this stop?

2) You are taxing other businesses, including mine, who are not threatening
to leave Missouri (yet?), and

3) We don't have the money to give them anyway. Has it escaped your notice
that we are anticipating *at least* a $1 Billion shortfall next year? What
departments are you proposing to eliminate to free up this money for Ford?

I used to be a New York state resident. I left there to raise my family in
Missouri because this is one of the few states where it is still affordable
to run a farm-based business. New York has destroyed its economy. They
offered lots of deals just like this one to get large businesses to stay.
The businesses stayed as long as the deals kept rolling and left as soon as
they stopped. In the meantime, all the small and medium businesses went
under. New York never recouped the money it spent on incentives in the form
of taxes or local business. They just kept throwing money down the hole
until the money ran out.

But the biggest question is why I have to explain this to another Republican
at all. I don't write angry letters very often, but I have to admit that I
find removing a committee Chairman, whose job is to stop bills we cannot
fund, for doing *exactly* that job, and because a Democratic Governor says
"Jump!" leaves me rather steamed.

Hopefully this is a misunderstanding which can be straightened out.

Sincerely,

Eric Vought
"Faith does not absolve us from trying to understand our world and make
moral distinctions with the eyes and brain given us. Religion is as much
responsibility as direction: Duty not Distinction."

--
This is a Free Speech forum. The owner of this list assumes no
responsibility for the intellectual or emotional maturity of its members.

--
"no cause is lost if there is but one fool to fight for it"
~Will Turner~

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are
free." ~Goethe

www.moliberty.org

http://417-political-pundit.blogspot.com

The power to tax involves the power to destroy.
~Justice John Marshall~

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics
won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

A legislative act contrary to the Constitution is not law.
~Justice John Marshall~